Hi, I’m Steve.
I admit, I’m a little obsessed with copywriting. I think it’s the key skillset for anyone who needs to get results with their marketing and sales messages.
That’s why I help writers, business owners, marketers and sales professionals become better copywriters. When you (or your team) are able to write more engaging and persuasive emails, landing pages, ads, blog articles, video scripts and other content, great things happen. Conversion rates go up. More leads come in. Clients and customers beat a path to your door.
Isn’t that worth learning the latest copywriting techniques?
My in-house training programs and online courses help you do just that.
Tap my award-winning copywriting expertise and 20+ years’ experience
Unlike most other copywriting trainers, I’ve been doing this for a long time. So, when I’m teaching you or your team, not only are you benefiting from an experienced expert, you’re also getting instruction based on the latest techniques and a deep, hard-won knowledge of what works.
Over the years, I’ve:
- Strategized and wrote sales-building copy for more than 150 clients.
- Won several major copywriting awards, including the ACE Award for Circulation Excellence.
- Received the prestigious Copywriting Of The Year award from AWAI.
- Authored several books including The Everything Guide to Writing Copy (Simon & Schuster).
- Co-authored The Wealthy Freelancer (Penguin), an acclaimed and bestselling guide to freelancing.
- Led hundreds of in-house training sessions, webinars, and online courses.
Can any other copywriting trainer give you the advantage of that level of experience and expertise?
But as proud as I am of those credentials, I’m more proud of the results I’ve helped clients and students achieve. In-house teams I’ve trained have reported doubling conversions and results. Business owners have raved about my copywriting and advice. Freelancers have grown their incomes with my courses and coaching.
You can check out those testimonials here.
May I help you (or your team) boost your copywriting skills and savvy?
If you’d like to discuss how my training sessions, webinars, coaching, or online courses may be able to help you, let’s talk.
Popular speaker on copywriting and content marketing
I look at speaking as an extension of my training and coaching. It’s all about showing audiences how to write better copy that gets better results.
Over the years, I’ve been invited to speak for hundreds of terrific events: CAPS National Conference, PWAC National Conference, AWAI Copywriting Bootcamp, Scheduling Institute Dental Marketing Conference, DMA Direct Mail Day, Canadian Professional Sales Association, just to name a few.
I’m a particularly effective speaker at online events, such as webinars, and am savvy at using all the popular platforms.
A good book is a precious thing. And I love writing books as much as I enjoy reading them. My most recent titles are:
- The Everything Guide To Writing Copy. (Simon & Schuster.)
- The Wealthy Freelancer (Penguin),
- The CMA Guide to Email Marketing. (Co-authored with other experts for the Canadian Marketing Association.)
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Starting A Web-Based Business.
- Persuasive Sales Writing (forthcoming).
The home-study course I created, Modern B2B Copywriting, published by American Writers & Artists Institute, is the bestselling course of its kind in the industry.